Liverpool are planning to integrate Harvey Elliott into their first-team plans next season following his impressive Championship season on loan with Blackburn Rovers.
The youngster has been earning plenty of attention since arriving from Fulham in the summer of 2019 and he has certainly left a good impression on the Reds’ faithful this term.
Still only 17, Elliott has earned valuable experience with the Rovers with 25 league appearances to his name. He has registered four goals alongside nine assists. No one in the division has managed more assists than him.
The teenager has not been consistent enough which is justifiable for his age but there have been plenty of positives with one of them being his influence in the lead-up of goals.
Elliott has managed 1.8 chances per game and only five players have done better. Out of those five, the youngest is fellow Liverpool teammate Harry Wilson, who is more than five years elder to Elliott.
Wilson has vast experience having played for the likes of Hull City, Derby County and Bournemouth prior to the loan move to Cardiff City and that makes Elliott’s chance creation a whole lot impressive.
The Rovers are not competing for top-flight promotion unlike Brentford, Norwich City, Swansea City among others, but they have laid the platform for Elliott to prove his credentials without any expectations on his shoulders.
Ideally, the fans may have preferred Elliott playing for a promotion-chasing side in the top six, but the youngster may not have got the exposure to regular playing time unlike at Ewood Park.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Whoscored.com
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash
- Barnsley line up first summer signing
- No Limits Sports Limited close to sealing Derby takeover