Watford manager Vladimir Ivic has confirmed that Etienne Capoue has returned to first-team training after deciding to rescind his request to leave the club.
Capoue has not played any part for the Hornets since their relegation from the Premier League last term and earlier last month, it was confirmed that he had requested to leave the club.
However, there have been no suitable offers on the table and Ivic has now revealed that Capoue wants to comeback and feature for the Hornets in the Championship.
“Everything was under control. He [Capoue] is the guy who wants to come back, to give his best for the team. All of us are satisfied that he is coming back to work with us,” He told.
The international transfer window closed earlier on Monday, but EFL teams can still trade players with Premier League clubs with the domestic-only window open until October 16.
Despite this, Capoue has made the decision to stay put with the Hornets and that should boost their prospects of securing promotion to the top-flight at the first time of asking.
The Hornets have made a mixed start on their Championship return and they have accumulated only seven points from the opening four games of the campaign.
They are scheduled to face Derby County on the road after the international break. Capoue is currently training with the players, who are not on international duty and he could be included in the matchday squad for that game.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Preview: Southampton vs Leicester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs Middlesbrough – prediction, team news, line ups
- Championship pre-season fixtures to catch in July
- Which of the three promoted teams will survive in the Premier League next season?
- Sheffield Wednesday pull off one of the greatest comebacks in EFL history
- Preview: Burnley vs Sheffield United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wigan Athletic confirm delay in wage payments after liquidity issues
- FA Cup fifth-round draw: Bristol host Man City, Sheffield United meet Tottenham
- Sheffield United vs Stoke City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups