Swansea are set to complete the signing of Derby forward Morgan Whittaker for a fee of £700,000.
The deal is subject to a medical (set to take place tomorrow) and personal terms being agreed.
The 20-year-old made 21 appearances for Derby last season but has made only 11 so far in this campaign.
Whittaker came through Derby’s academy system and has represented England at all age groups from under-16 to under-20 and has worked with Steve Cooper with England in the past.
Whittaker could be one of those who’s moved on in quick time before tomorrow’s 11pm deadline, and Swansea City would be the happier for signing him at a cut-price with Derby County struggling financially.
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash