Reading left-back Omar Richards has reportedly agreed to join Bayern Munich on a free transfer this summer.
The 22-year-old’s contract expires this summer and instead of moving to the Premier League where the likes of West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Everton were all reportedly interested in the player, he will sign a pre-contract with the sextuple champions and join them next season.
Richards, capped by England at the U-21 level, has been one of Reading’s star performers this season with 24 starts in the Championship.
He is expected to sign a three-year contract with Bayern where he will provide backup to Alphonso Davies.
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash