Reading left-back Omar Richards has reportedly agreed to join Bayern Munich on a free transfer this summer.
The 22-year-old’s contract expires this summer and instead of moving to the Premier League where the likes of West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Everton were all reportedly interested in the player, he will sign a pre-contract with the sextuple champions and join them next season.
Richards, capped by England at the U-21 level, has been one of Reading’s star performers this season with 24 starts in the Championship.
He is expected to sign a three-year contract with Bayern where he will provide backup to Alphonso Davies.
- Mikel Arteta infuriates Arsenal fans with his US Tour squad
- Championship 2022/23 fixtures & key dates
- Huddersfield Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- EFL Championship play-offs: Will Nottingham Forest reach Premier League for the first time in 21st century?
- Can Middlesbrough or Blackburn make the playoffs?
- Championship Play-off contenders and predictions
- 3 Talking Points from Championship Matchday 33
- Nottingham Forest Left Arsenal Boss Mikel Arteta Fuming After Stunning FA Cup Win
- Official: Daryl Dike joins West Bromwich Albion
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin