It was announced on Wednesday that Rams owner Mel Morris had come to an agreement to transfer ownership of the club to No Limits Sports Limited.
No Limits Sports Limited. headed by Erik Alonso was linked with a takeover of Sheffield Wednesday in the New Year but no move ever materialised.
Now he looks set to take control of the Rams once the English Football League confirms the deal has been ratified.
A previous takeover of the club by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan, a Dubai-based Abu Dhabi royal, was approved by the EFL but he and the club failed to complete the deal.
Speaking to the press Alonso said “We are privileged to take ownership of one of the founding members of the Football League and to build a fresh future for the fans, staff and players of Derby County. We are looking forward to working with Wayne Rooney and his team.”
If it goes through it certainly looks like it could be a good thing for the future of Derby especially now as they are pushing on to confirm their Championship status
The club or the prospective owners will not make any more statements until the EFL approve the takeover.
- Barnsley line up first summer signing
- No Limits Sports Limited close to sealing Derby takeover
- Derby in for League One ace
- Reading look set to lose Olise
- Cooper wants big pay rise at Swansea
- Derby battling Preston to sign rivals star striker
- Can Sunderland secure promotion back to the Championship?
- Can Bolton keep winning run going and secure promotion?
- Championship end of season predictions
- Championship Team Of The Week