Swansea City midfielder Jay Fulton has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the club until the end of the 2023-24 season as his original contract was due to expire at the end of the current season.
The deal means Fulton is set to bring up a decade of service in Swansea colours, having first joined the club from Falkirk in January of 2014.
The Swansea Twitter account announced the news with this class tweet
🐐 Contract extended ✅ pic.twitter.com/7oezoVbEwV— Swansea City AFC (@SwansOfficial) January 18, 2021
Fulton has been in fine form for the club this season and has been key in Swansea’s automatic promotion bid and has been part of a fine midfield three with Korey Smith and club captain Matt Grimes.
He can now go and and hopefully win promotion back to the Premier League where he did play a handful of games earlier on in his Swansea days.
Steve Cooper is clearly delighted with the news saying “For me, Jay is in really good form, and his contribution so far this season,” said head coach Steve Cooper.
“We’re only halfway so we’re only looking forward but, I’ve got to tell you, I think he’s contributed an awful lot this season.
“I can’t tell you how professional he is. He’s the ultimate team player or squad member if you like. He’s always put everything else before him, a selfless individual.
“Swansea is very important to him”
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash