Swansea City boss Steve Cooper is looking for a significant pay rise from the club as his reputation in the game grows.
Cooper has in recent weeks been linked with the jobs at Sheffield United and Crystal Palace and most recently a possibility of the England U21 job – if Aidy Boothroyd moves on.
The former England U17s boss has guided Swansea into third place and they are only six points behind Watford in second spot with a game in hand. Its an improvement of his second season in which he guided the club to the playoffs on the final day of the season.
Steve Cooper is understood to be keen to stay at the club and continue the progress he’s made at Swansea.
- Preview: Leicester City vs Watford – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Preview: Southampton vs Leicester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs Middlesbrough – prediction, team news, line ups
- Championship pre-season fixtures to catch in July
- Which of the three promoted teams will survive in the Premier League next season?
- Sheffield Wednesday pull off one of the greatest comebacks in EFL history
- Preview: Burnley vs Sheffield United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wigan Athletic confirm delay in wage payments after liquidity issues
- FA Cup fifth-round draw: Bristol host Man City, Sheffield United meet Tottenham