The Black Cats are perched on the brink of the automatic promotion places after an 11-game unbeaten run propelled the side back into promotion contention.
In recent weeks the Black Cats have been finding from at the right time and playing with a strong mentality as well grinding out results which is a massive difference to the last few season where they have just fallen short.
And while the likes of Hull City and Peterborough United seem to be unstoppable at the moment but, if Sunderland win their game in hand it would put them joint top.
Sunderland will need to keep pushing on to avoid being left behind in the race. With 11 games left of the regular season and based on the final league table from the last few seasons 8 wins from those 11 could well be enough to secure promotion.
Sunderland still have to play both Peterborough and Hull City so the promotion race could well come down to the wire. Although, Sunderland have the tougher run in I believe they have the experience to go on and finish in second place with Peterborough winning the league. Sunderland fans do you agree with me?
- Barnsley line up first summer signing
- No Limits Sports Limited close to sealing Derby takeover
- Derby in for League One ace
- Reading look set to lose Olise
- Cooper wants big pay rise at Swansea
- Derby battling Preston to sign rivals star striker
- Can Sunderland secure promotion back to the Championship?
- Can Bolton keep winning run going and secure promotion?
- Championship end of season predictions
- Championship Team Of The Week