The Black Cats are perched on the brink of the automatic promotion places after an 11-game unbeaten run propelled the side back into promotion contention.
In recent weeks the Black Cats have been finding from at the right time and playing with a strong mentality as well grinding out results which is a massive difference to the last few season where they have just fallen short.
And while the likes of Hull City and Peterborough United seem to be unstoppable at the moment but, if Sunderland win their game in hand it would put them joint top.
Sunderland will need to keep pushing on to avoid being left behind in the race. With 11 games left of the regular season and based on the final league table from the last few seasons 8 wins from those 11 could well be enough to secure promotion.
Sunderland still have to play both Peterborough and Hull City so the promotion race could well come down to the wire. Although, Sunderland have the tougher run in I believe they have the experience to go on and finish in second place with Peterborough winning the league. Sunderland fans do you agree with me?
- Sheffield Wednesday pull off one of the greatest comebacks in EFL history
- Preview: Burnley vs Sheffield United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wigan Athletic confirm delay in wage payments after liquidity issues
- FA Cup fifth-round draw: Bristol host Man City, Sheffield United meet Tottenham
- Sheffield United vs Stoke City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Millwall win race for Shamrock Rovers forward Aidomo Emakhu
- English Championship Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Blackburn Rovers vs Sunderland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Reading vs Sunderland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Mikel Arteta infuriates Arsenal fans with his US Tour squad