Birmingham City are reportedly edged closer to appointing Aitor Karanka as their new manager according to We Are Birmingham.
The former Boro manager is set to be confirmed as the new boss ahead of the new season after having positive talks with the Blues.
Birmingham have been without a permanent manager since Pep Clotet departed earlier this month after a poor run of results in the Championship.
The Blues haven’t won a match since February, which has seen them fall down the table.
They’re now sat 20th in the Championship, and are just two points clear of the relegation zone heading into the final match of this year’s campaign.
But would Karanka be a good appointment by Birmingham City?
- Championship 2022/23 fixtures & key dates
- Huddersfield Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- EFL Championship play-offs: Will Nottingham Forest reach Premier League for the first time in 21st century?
- Can Middlesbrough or Blackburn make the playoffs?
- Championship Play-off contenders and predictions
- 3 Talking Points from Championship Matchday 33
- Nottingham Forest Left Arsenal Boss Mikel Arteta Fuming After Stunning FA Cup Win
- Official: Daryl Dike joins West Bromwich Albion
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running