Birmingham City are reportedly edged closer to appointing Aitor Karanka as their new manager according to We Are Birmingham.
The former Boro manager is set to be confirmed as the new boss ahead of the new season after having positive talks with the Blues.
Birmingham have been without a permanent manager since Pep Clotet departed earlier this month after a poor run of results in the Championship.
The Blues haven’t won a match since February, which has seen them fall down the table.
They’re now sat 20th in the Championship, and are just two points clear of the relegation zone heading into the final match of this year’s campaign.
But would Karanka be a good appointment by Birmingham City?
- English Championship Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Blackburn Rovers vs Sunderland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Reading vs Sunderland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Mikel Arteta infuriates Arsenal fans with his US Tour squad
- Championship 2022/23 fixtures & key dates
- Huddersfield Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- EFL Championship play-offs: Will Nottingham Forest reach Premier League for the first time in 21st century?
- Can Middlesbrough or Blackburn make the playoffs?
- Championship Play-off contenders and predictions
- 3 Talking Points from Championship Matchday 33