Barnsley are lining up a summer move for Swindon Town’s Jack Payne, with the Tykes set to pay £300,000 for the midfielder.
The 26-year-old could be available for as little as £300,000 despite Swindon struggling this season.
He’s netted four goals in 37 league outings for Swindon this season – who are struggling in League One.
Barnsley remain very much in contention to step up into the Premier League next season. They sit in 5th-place of the table after their 2-0 win over Middlesbrough yesterday.
Barnsley’s recruitment and development of the young players is one of the best in the league. The likes of Callum Brittain and Callum Styles have prevailed this season, with the 20-year-old Daryl Dike flourishing on loan from Orlando. So this seems like a good move for Payne.
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash