Barnsley are lining up a summer move for Swindon Town’s Jack Payne, with the Tykes set to pay £300,000 for the midfielder.
The 26-year-old could be available for as little as £300,000 despite Swindon struggling this season.
He’s netted four goals in 37 league outings for Swindon this season – who are struggling in League One.
Barnsley remain very much in contention to step up into the Premier League next season. They sit in 5th-place of the table after their 2-0 win over Middlesbrough yesterday.
Barnsley’s recruitment and development of the young players is one of the best in the league. The likes of Callum Brittain and Callum Styles have prevailed this season, with the 20-year-old Daryl Dike flourishing on loan from Orlando. So this seems like a good move for Payne.
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash
- Barnsley line up first summer signing
- No Limits Sports Limited close to sealing Derby takeover
- Derby in for League One ace
- Reading look set to lose Olise
- Cooper wants big pay rise at Swansea
- Derby battling Preston to sign rivals star striker
- Can Sunderland secure promotion back to the Championship?
- Can Bolton keep winning run going and secure promotion?
- Championship end of season predictions