Arsenal may need to make a big offer to prise away Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City during the upcoming transfer window, The Sun journalist Alan Nixon has claimed.
The Canaries playmaker was heavily linked with the north London giants in the summer and earlier this month, Football.London revealed that manager Mikel Arteta admires him.
With the winter transfer window fast approaching, Nixon has claimed that the Canaries may be willing to part ways with the Argentine, but the Gunners will have to make a ‘big offer’ to tempt them.
The Premier League outfit have made a dreadful start to the current campaign and they have accumulated just 14 points from a possible 39 and are currently 15th on the table.
Only three sides have scored fewer goals than them this term and they are said to be on the search for a creative midfielder, who can improve their chances of finding the back of the net.
Buendia has been in fine form for the Canaries this campaign and he has already registered four goals and six assists from 14 Championship appearances under Daniel Farke.
He managed one goal and seven assists during his maiden top-flight campaign last season and that’s a credible effort playing for the Canaries, who finished bottom of the Premier League standings.
As such, the 23-year-old should only fair better with more quality players around him and it remains to be seen whether the Gunners can convince the Canaries to sanction his sale next month.
Buendia has contributed three goals and three assists from his previous six league appearances. He opened the scoring for the club last night where they beat Reading 2-1 on the road to go top of the table.
Despite the numerous injury setbacks, the club are flying high with a three-point advantage over second-placed Bournemouth. They will be aiming for a fifth successive win when they host Cardiff City in Saturday’s early kick-off.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Mikel Arteta infuriates Arsenal fans with his US Tour squad
- Championship 2022/23 fixtures & key dates
- Huddersfield Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- EFL Championship play-offs: Will Nottingham Forest reach Premier League for the first time in 21st century?
- Can Middlesbrough or Blackburn make the playoffs?
- Championship Play-off contenders and predictions
- 3 Talking Points from Championship Matchday 33
- Nottingham Forest Left Arsenal Boss Mikel Arteta Fuming After Stunning FA Cup Win
- Official: Daryl Dike joins West Bromwich Albion
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin