Arsenal may need to make a big offer to prise away Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City during the upcoming transfer window, The Sun journalist Alan Nixon has claimed.
The Canaries playmaker was heavily linked with the north London giants in the summer and earlier this month, Football.London revealed that manager Mikel Arteta admires him.
With the winter transfer window fast approaching, Nixon has claimed that the Canaries may be willing to part ways with the Argentine, but the Gunners will have to make a ‘big offer’ to tempt them.
The Premier League outfit have made a dreadful start to the current campaign and they have accumulated just 14 points from a possible 39 and are currently 15th on the table.
Only three sides have scored fewer goals than them this term and they are said to be on the search for a creative midfielder, who can improve their chances of finding the back of the net.
Buendia has been in fine form for the Canaries this campaign and he has already registered four goals and six assists from 14 Championship appearances under Daniel Farke.
He managed one goal and seven assists during his maiden top-flight campaign last season and that’s a credible effort playing for the Canaries, who finished bottom of the Premier League standings.
As such, the 23-year-old should only fair better with more quality players around him and it remains to be seen whether the Gunners can convince the Canaries to sanction his sale next month.
Buendia has contributed three goals and three assists from his previous six league appearances. He opened the scoring for the club last night where they beat Reading 2-1 on the road to go top of the table.
Despite the numerous injury setbacks, the club are flying high with a three-point advantage over second-placed Bournemouth. They will be aiming for a fifth successive win when they host Cardiff City in Saturday’s early kick-off.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash