Arsenal legend Thierry Henry is close to taking over as Bournemouth manager after he reportedly agreed terms with the club.
Bournemouth have now made a formal approach to Henry’s MLS club Montreal Impact for permission to speak to Henry in an official capacity and offer him a contract.
Given how smoothly and quickly things have progressed, you can expect Henry to be announced as manager in the next couple of weeks.
Bournemouth are sixth in the Championship table and firmly in the playoff spots, and are looking to bounce back into the Premier League after getting relegated last season.
A return to the Premier League with a manager of Henry’s reputation could greatly help the club in attracting the players (either on transfer or on loan) that could help the club stay up next season (or get promoted next season, if they fail to do so this time around).
For Henry, this is an excellent first step in fulfilling his dream of eventually managing Arsenal. Getting Bournemouth promoted to the Premier League and establishing the club as a regular force there would be reason enough for him to be hired at the Emirates.
- Mikel Arteta infuriates Arsenal fans with his US Tour squad
- Championship 2022/23 fixtures & key dates
- Huddersfield Town vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- EFL Championship play-offs: Will Nottingham Forest reach Premier League for the first time in 21st century?
- Can Middlesbrough or Blackburn make the playoffs?
- Championship Play-off contenders and predictions
- 3 Talking Points from Championship Matchday 33
- Nottingham Forest Left Arsenal Boss Mikel Arteta Fuming After Stunning FA Cup Win
- Official: Daryl Dike joins West Bromwich Albion
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin