James Garner’s start to his second loan stint of the season – this time at Nottingham Forest – has been welcomed be Man Utd and Notts fans alike.
Forest may have lost their previous game 1-0 but Garner played all 90 minutes, his fourth game in a row. He has quickly impressed at Forest and has United fans hoping that he may stake a first-team claim when he returns to Old Trafford next season.
The most likely outcome for Garner is to secure a Premier League loan if he continues to impress at Forest, which would give him the necessary top-level experience he needs before he is asked to slot in at Man Utd.
However, if United see sufficient improvement in the player and aim to replace Nemanja Matic with Garner, it could mean a very fast promotion to the starting XI.
All of that is still premature – Garner has three more months to prove himself.
James Garner at Nottingham Forest – Highlights
- Swansea appoint MK Dons manager Russell Martin
- Eustace out of Swansea manager running
- EFL play-offs: Brentford reached Wembely again, Lincoln and Blackpool to battle it out for Championship promotion
- Five Championship Players Targeted By Premier League teams this summer
- Wayne Rooney could recruit former Chelsea star to sort Derby County’s defensive concerns
- Football League play-off dates and predictions
- Premier League duo interested in West Bromwich Albion attacker Matheus Pereira
- 3 Premier League loanees who have impressed in the Championship this season
- Championship play-off ties confirmed after final matchday
- Swansea City to review matchday security protocols after fan is ejected during Wycombe Wanderers clash